Event: Cellar Dweller Beer Dinner (11/25) – Audio
- Copperhead (American Pale Ale) paired with chopped romaine with orange vinaigrette, jack and cheddar cheese, with pine nuts and red onions. (Salad course)
- Orange VV (American Wheat) paired with steak kabobs with yellow onions and mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers over rice pilaf (Appetizer)
- Shawsome (Black IPA) paired with tilapia with bursin scallop sauce, vegetables and corn tortilla (Entree)
- Shutdown Cocoa Brown. (Collaboration with Beer Mumbo) paired with macadamia brownie.
Check our their website for a detailed description of these beers served and many more.
To hear the audio from the dinner click the link below.
Listen to Scott Shaw and Tiffany Schuchter of Cellar Dweller Craft Beers discuss:
- Steve discusses his background and gives an overview of the beers being served.
- Steve discusses their new “So, You Wanna Be a Brewer?” series at the Cellar Dweller tap room.
- Tiffany discusses Cellar Dweller Craft Beers and fields questions from the guests.
- The next “So, You Wanna Be a Brewer?” beer is going to be an Oatmeal Cookie Raisin.
- Steve explained how they increased from a 1 barrel system to a 10 barrel system in the last 6 months.
- Cellar Dweller will be canning after the first of the year. 16oz. 4 pack cans. Starting with Copperhead and Shawsome.
- Their new Porter that was released as a test batch a few weeks ago did very well in the tap room and will be their next new seasonal brew.
- Distillery coming in the future
- Beer name change for Hoppy Poppy to Happy Pappy. This will eventually be one that they package.
- Cellar Dweller soon to be on in Whole Foods and Jungle Jim’s Eastgate
- Cellar Dweller is introducing a high alcohol / high gravity beer line aged in the red wine barrels. These will be short tap releases in 750ml bottles. 9-11.5%. Working on pilot batches in the next month. Look for these to come out mid-late summer. First style is going to be an Oatmeal Stout aged in a Cab Franc barrel.
- In a few weeks, Cellar Dweller is going to be only one of two breweries stations into to have a CO2 purge station at their growler station.