Some people get up at 4am, rush to the store and wait in line to get the best deals on electronics and some people…. sleep in and drink beer.
Arnold’s is obviously shooting for the latter. At the very relaxing, not hectic time of 9pm on Black Friday, November 24th, Arnold’s will be tapping The 12 Beers of Christmas and Hannukah too. Most of these aren’t your regular run of the mill Christmas beers. We have gathered a collection of some of the finest, rarest and sought after Holiday brews we could get our hands on.
Plus we have live music from one of Cincinnati’s hottest new bands, Chelsea Ford and the Trouble. Below is the beer list. We hope to see you there!
1. Great Lakes Christmas Ale — ABV: 7.5% Do not open ‘til Christmas? Whoever coined that phrase obviously hasn’t tasted Christmas Ale’s fresh honey, cinnamon, and ginger flavors. A Yuletide’s worth of holiday spices and sweet honey to keep you a-wassailing all season long.
2. Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas — ABV: 8.5% This beer’s name sums up the idea of bringing the best together to celebrate. It is filled with seasonal flavors from generous amounts of toasted and caramel malts, mixed with equally generous amounts of honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. We feel it is the perfect libation, filled with flavors of the season.
3. Revolution Fistmas — ABV: 6.1% Red ale brewed for the holiday season with specialty malts to achieve a beautiful deep red hue and the aromas of fresh baked bread, caramel, and stone fruits. Steeped with ginger root and orange peel.
4. Delerium Noei — ABV: 10% Brewed only for the Christmas and New Year, Noël completes the “Delirium” trilogy. Its appearance is a superb warm copper to red color, recalling “Nocturnum” except in its taste. It hides its subtlety by multiple levels of flavor.
5. Bell’s Christmas Ale — ABV: 7.5% This traditional Scotch Ale is rich and malty with notes of caramel and a warm finish. Certain to make any occasion festive, or at least a bit more bearable. Enjoy with the company of friends and family
6. Scaldis Noel — ABV: 12% The Scaldis Noël derives much of its rounded character from the use of roast caramel malts. The hops are carefully balanced with these, added in just the right proportions to develops its subtle hop aroma. There is also a robust fruity character, with the overall taste pleasingly consistent.
7. Abita Christmas Ale — ABV: 5.5% Our Christmas Ale is a brown ale that is brewed with ten types of malted barley and fermented with American Ale yeast. It is brewed with pale malt as well as a combination of caramel, Munich, chocolate, and roasted malts. It is hopped and dry hopped with Columbus, Cascade, Centennial, and Amarillo and has a nice piney and citrus hop flavor and aroma. The result is a flavorful brown ale that is sweet and malty with a pleasant hop aroma.
8. Dark Horse 4 Elf Ale — ABV: 8.75% 4 Elf is holiday cheer in liquid form. Spicy aromas like cinnamon and clove give this dark brown winter warmer a proper holiday welcome. Balanced between malt, hops, and spice at 8.75% ABV this beer goes great with all holiday foods—from sweet snacks to the roast beast.
9. St Bernardus Christmas Ale — ABV: 10% This specialty beer is characterized by its deep dark colour, with a creamy, thick head and a full, almost velvety taste with a fruity nose. Brewed annually for the holiday season, the long winter nights are perfect moments to savour this ale with or without friends and to enjoy its unique, complex taste.
10. Prairie Artisan Ales Christmas Bomb! — ABV: 13% The Bomb! that we all know and love, with the addition of Christmas spices – cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
11. Warped Wing Esther’s Little Secret 2017 — ABV: 8% This years collaboration with Esther Price Candies is a Winter White Ale with Chocolate and Vanilla Cream.
12. Rhinegeist Dad — ABV: 6% This hoppy Holiday Red Ale has a blend of hop spice, citrus and some caramel malts to raise the holiday spirit in this Pale Ale.
13. Schmaltz Chanukah, Hanukkah: Pass the Beer Ale — ABV: 8% Our fermented creation will bring some light to the winter darkness and pair perfectly with the chocolate gelt, latkes and the battle royale of dreidels. Pass some HANUKKAH BEER over to your favorite friends and family and delight in the warming of the season. L’Chaim!